We do not currently offer wholesale prices.
Once COVID restrictions have lifted enough, we will be hoping to be able to stock our products in local stores again. If you own a plastic free or zero waste store and you are interested in stocking our products, please get in touch.
- Credit / Debit Cards
- Offline payments (Currently not accepting cash for collections)
Privacy & Safety
Definitions and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Rush Organics via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Rush Organics, or us - Rush Organics of 22 St Brides Road, Aberkenfig, Bridgend, CF32 9PY;
UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Rush Organics and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Rush Organics and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website - the website that you are currently using, www.rushorganic.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Rush Organics is the "data controller". This means that Rush Organics determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
e. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Rush Organics will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
c. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
d. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
13. We are certified to TrustedSite. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
28. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Rush Organics to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
29. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Purpose - Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
30. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
31. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
32. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
33. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
37. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
38. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Rush Organics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 July 2018
As you are all aware of the current events, we just want to reassure you that our business will be running as usual and we continue to follow the advice issued by HM Government. I want to take this opportunity to answer some questions and help put your mind at ease.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Our products have always been and will continue to be manufactured in an isolated facility.
Neither my husband or I have travelled or been in contact with anyone who has. Nor have we have had any symptoms or been in contact with anyone who has.
Our environment is clean and all surfaces and equipment are regularly cleaned.
If you are self-isolating or just wanting to be cautious, then buying online can be one of the safest ways to get the essentials you need and I can assure you I am fully stocked up with everything you need to get through these challenging times!
We can send products to other addresses so if you are wanting to send a care package to anybody and we can add a note in there for you, just leave a note in the 'special instructions' box at the checkout.
ARE YOU STILL SHIPPING OVERSEAS?
International orders are still operating as normal (the travel restrictions don’t apply to post) but please note they may take a little longer due to reduced transport operating.*
For orders to Italy - Royal Mail's air carrier has cancelled all flights to Italy until further notice. In order to keep mail to Italy moving they will be using the road network, which will result in an additional 24-48 hours transit time. There are also delivery delays on the ground. Poste Italiane are operating precautionary measures, aimed at minimising human contact. All mail items and parcels, will be deposited in mailboxes, with a notice signed by the postman/woman, informing the recipient of this temporary measure.
*UPDATE Dec 2020 - Unfortunately due to current restrictions, we are unable to send any orders outside of the UK.
WILL ORDER/DELIVERY TIMES BE AFFECTED?
Due to self-isolation and social distancing, we are reducing the amount of trips out to send parcels. Instead of every day (except Sundays), we will now only be posting on Mondays & Thursdays. We are sorry for the inconvenience however we must do what we can to help prevent the spread.
We are confident there will be no delays with orders to the UK.
Delivery times are not currently affected. We use Hermes and Royal Mail as our main couriers and presently, there are notifications regarding delays. If this changes, we will update you.
Royal Mail will be leaving parcels that won't fit through the letter box on the doorstep, knock the door and stepping back to ensure there is a safe distance between you and them. (Please read link at bottom of page)
Hermes are making some changes to offer 'contact-free delivery' including;
- Asking customers to choose a safe place for deliveries. Anybody due to receive a parcel should visit the tracking section and choose 'divert' to select a safe place.
- If a safe place hasn't been chosen but there is somewhere safe to deliver the parcel, then couriers will leave it there, even when there is someone in the property. A photo will be taken and this will be included in the delivery notification email. (Please read link at bottom of page)
Please note new studies have shown that cover-19 can survive on cardboard for up to 24 hours. When you receive your order we recommend; once you have opened the box, tip your products out (without touching them), recycle the box and then wash your hands.
WILL YOUR STOCK LEVELS BE AFFECTED?
Currently we are able to fulfil all orders. Our ingredients and suppliers have not issued any information stating otherwise. If this changes, we will notify you.
We will not be allowing "stock piling" of our products. Maximum; four of any one product. Any extra purchased will be refunded and not included in your order.
CAN I STILL COME AND COLLECT MY ORDER?
If you live local and want to collect your order rather than pay for shipping, this is still fine. We will, however, be asking that you pay online instead of in person, and your orders will be left in the storage box in the front garden when you are ready to collect.
ARE YOU STILL ATTENDING EVENTS THIS YEAR?
Unfortunately all events that we had planned to attend have been either postponed or cancelled.
NHS - COVID 19
GOV.UK - COVID 19
BBC - How to stay safe & symptoms
Hermes - Deliveries
Royal Mail - Deliveries
If you have any questions regarding any of the information above, don't hesitate to contact us.